Atlas’ Property Division focuses on Commercial Property and “Difference in Conditions” (DIC), including earthquake and incidental flood coverage.
DIC policies are written to “wrap around” all risk property policies to cover perils that are normally excluded in standard forms (in this case earthquake and flood). Atlas concentrates on DIC/earthquake and flood coverage for commercial property risks that are largely comprised of apartments, condominiums, shopping centers, retail/wholesale, office buildings, manufacturing and various industrial occupancies. This business is produced primarily through wholesale excess and surplus lines brokers and written on a non-admitted basis.
The Property Division has the capacity to write business in all 50 states. This division has a primary focus in California and the Pacific Northwest of Washington and Oregon. The Division also focuses on the Great Basin area of Utah, Nevada, as well as the New Madrid region comprised of Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, and Tennessee.
The Property Division has over $25 million in capacity in a primary position and $27 million in capacity in an excess position. Capacity is through several A.M. Best rated A+ XV (Superior) carriers and multiple Lloyd’s of London facilities. Additionally, the Property Division has the ability to write 2% deductible options on risks located outside of CRESTA zones A and B as well as provide for the peril of Earth Movement in an excess position.
- Difference in Conditions Including Earthquake, EQSL, and Flood.
- $52,000,000 Primary
- $32,000,000 Excess
- $5,000 – Zones A, B & E
- $2,500 – All Other Zones
- 25% Minimum Earned Premium Applies
- Catastrophe Analysis Fees – $300 Minimum
- Inspection Fees – $200 Per Inspected Location
- 5% Earthquake (2% Available Outside of CRESTA Zones A & B)
- $50,000 Flood
- $25,000 All Other Perils
Maximum Total Insurable Values
- Please note that we have $10M of capacity with no TIV cap.
Permitted Risk Locations
- West Coast (Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah & Washington)
- New Madrid Fault Area (Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri & Tennessee)
- Please note that Primary Flood is not available in the New Madrid States.
California Minimum Age Requirements
- Tilt-up Built After 1974 (will consider older with retrofit documentation)
- All Other Construction After 1950 (will consider older with retrofit documentation)
All Other States Minimum Age Requirements
- Build After 1960 (will consider older with update/retrofitting documentation)
Underwriting Restrictions and Limitations
- Limited Filled Group or Very High Liquefaction Capacity
- Limited “Tuck Under” Capacity
- Unreinforced Masonry or Brick Buildings (without evidence of retrofitting)
- Historical Buildings
- Hospitals Build Before 1995
- Large Municipalities
- Gas and Electric Utilities
- Oil and Petrochemical Risk
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Chemical Manufacturers
- National Schedules With Locations Outside Underwriting Territory
- Company Standard DIC Forms
- ISO Standard Forms & Endorsements
- Standard Exclusions for Mold, Terrorism, Cybercrime, Pollution/Contamination, Biological or Chemical Materials, War and Nuclear Incident
- All Other Forms and Endorsement Must Receive Prior Approval Prior to Binding
- “Following Form” Available Subject to Review and Approval of Primary/Lead Carrier Forms
- Send All Submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include Proposed Effective Date in Subject Line of E-mail
- Include Risk Summary and Proposal
- Include Statement of Values on Excel Spreadsheet
- Include Accord Application
Property Appetite Guide
Learn more about our Property Appetite.
Property Appetite Guide (PDF)
Contact Our Property Team
Click below to contact our Property team.
Property Contact Sheet (PDF)
Atlas Product Guide
Learn more about Atlas and their products.
Atlas Product Guide Brochure (PDF)